What is a Guest?
What is a Guest at Royal Life Centers?
A guest is someone that has been invited to stay, an individual who is welcomed and shall be entertained and accommodated to by the person or people acting as host(s).
At Royal Life Centers, we are the hosts and the individuals who have been invited to stay with us and receive our services are our guests. In an effort to act as a gracious host, we must follow certain etiquette. It is of utmost importance that we treat all of our guests with the same customary code of polite behavior that we would expect as a GUEST staying with a friend.
- Address guests by their first name or the name they prefer to be called.
- Entertain, accommodate, and make your guest feel welcome.
- Keep the facility clean and suitable at all times.
- Ask questions and help each of our guest find a common bond.
- Keep your guests Company and save all paperwork for shift change.
- Introduce yourself and help our guest feel comfortable. They should know that if they have any questions or concerns they can come to you directly.
- Show guests around; give them a tour of the grounds in which they will be calling home for the next few weeks or months.
With all of this being said, it is also important to note that the guests at Royal Life Centers are even more special as they are also all in a very vulnerable and pivotal state of their lives. We must take extra care to never leave them alone and always position ourselves in a way that allows us to immediately be at their service if needed. (For example, stay close to group room doors in the case that a guest comes out depressed, crying, or full of emotion. We need to give them support and care, as it may be the defining moment for change in their lives).
Please keep in mind that the men and women staying with us will be experiencing emotional ups and downs as they work through their feelings and struggles without the use of substances. It is important that we, as their hosts at Royal Life Centers, strive to keep them grounded and feeling supported at all times. This will be a continuous process and at times difficult but it may be the difference in what keeps a GUEST going and pushing through treatment goals.
Because We Care