Alcohol use disorder and substance use disorder are impacting a large part of our population in the United States. Not just alcoholics and addicts are affected by their addiction, but their family, friends, loved ones, and others they come in contact with are affected. Addiction treatment is highly recommended, because it is extremely hard to overcome substance abuse and mental health issues alone. Royal Life Centers at Puget Sound offers comprehensive addiction treatment, with a holistic approach that treats the mind, body, and spirit. Our treatment options are designed to follow our guests from medical detox, through their personal recovery process.
Treatment for drugs or alcohol should always begin with attending a medical detoxification center like ours. Addiction has many unpleasant physical side effects that occur once the substance is removed from the body, these side effects are symptoms of withdrawal. Royal Life Centers at Puget Sound offers a medical detox program that lasts for either 4 or 8 days, depending on each guest’s individual condition. Although our detox program is short term, we recommend following it with our 2-week residential inpatient program, which continues the therapeutic work started in detox. Our focus is to stabilize both physical and mental health, in order to strengthen the connections between mind, body, and spirit for a full recovery.
Treatment programs are not just developed specifically to help alcoholics and those struggling with addiction, but treatment centers save lives. We save lives by teaching our guests a new way of living, creating space between old maladaptive behaviors using behavioral therapies, group therapies, individual therapy, and art therapy. Our goal is not just to restore physical and behavioral health, but bring our guests to a place of spiritual growth. Addiction recovery is a process, which we like to guide our guests through with the ultimate goal of preparing them to live meaningful, happy, healthy and successful lives in sobriety.
Here are 10 reasons why treatment will save your life:
1. Addiction treatment will allow you to uncover the root cause of your addiction. You will gain self-awareness that allows you to work on the unresolved issues you may not have even known to be causing your substance use disorder.
2. Addiction is progressive, meaning that it will increase in addictive and risky behaviors the longer your alcohol or drug use continues.
3. Alcohol and drug use has a massive impact on your health. Often times, continued drinking and drug use will result in a laundry list of health problems, organ complications, diseases, health disorders, etc.
4. Drugs are getting more and more dangerous. Many times, addicts will buy their drugs off of the street, resulting in them not knowing what exactly is inside of the drugs they put inside their body. Even prescription pills, which are regulated, are being pressed to look like certain prescription pills but contain dangerous chemicals like Fentanyl— replicating similar effects of the desired drug, but being much more dangerous and make the user much more prone to an overdose. Newer drugs are being introduced on the streets each day, and no one knows the exact chemicals they contain, but even small amounts of these drugs are lethal. Drugs are being cut with extremely potent and dangerous chemicals that can instantly cause death if measurements of the deadly chemicals are even a singular grain off.
5. Addiction recovery can restore your relationships, teaching you how to set, maintain, and respect healthy boundaries. Restoring important relationships will increase your quality of life, bring you joy, and teach you the meaning of reciprocity— or a true sense of how to give and take.
6. Addiction takes over your life, causing you to compromise your health, values, and all things that you care about. Alcohol and drugs become the main priority, while all else falls to the side. Addiction treatment will give you the opportunity to take back control, and the desperation for your next drink or drug will end along with all of the behaviors that surround it.
7. Our addiction treatment will introduce guests to living a program of recovery, like 12 step programs of recovery. 12 step programs of recovery have support group meetings that are held around the world, at almost any time of the day. Because of the accessibility of these 12 step meetings, our guests are able to build a strong support network and understand how these 12 step programs of recovery work. 12 step programs of recovery can span across all different types of addictions and disorders, to name a few programs there is Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Eating Disorder Anonymous, Co-dependents Anonymous, Gambler’s Anonymous, etc.
8. Addiction treatment will teach you how to ditch bad habits and replace them with healthy habits. Royal Life Centers at Puget Sound encourages guests to form healthy habits like practicing mindfulness, meditation, yoga, art, exercise, etc. Guests are able to explore what brings them joy, allowing for them to build a meaningful life filled with things that bring them happiness.
9. Addiction treatment will bring you manageability. With all of the coping skills and education on how to prevent relapse, guests will gain an ability to manage their health, emotions, circumstances, and any obstacles that arise. Things that used to ruin your outlook will become a small series of tasks that only impact you as much as you let them.
10. Treating alcohol and substance use disorders will give you a new direction in life, as you are no longer at the will of your next drink or drug. Guests are able to guide themselves into happy, healthy, and successful lives— no matter how many severe their addiction may have been. Guests will be restored and prepared to make their own path in life.
Addiction treatment is all about teaching a new way of living. As alcohol and substance abuse penetrate each aspect of your life, we will teach you how to rebuild. Royal Life Centers at Puget Sound offers treatment options including medical detox and a residential inpatient program. Royal Life Centers also offers treatment options including: a partial hospitalization program (PHP), an intensive outpatient program (IOP), an outpatient program (OP), sober living and graduate housing.
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, please let us save their lives. Because We Care. No one is beyond help, no matter how severe their addiction may be, a new life is waiting for you or your loved one— all we ask is that you take the first step toward help. Please reach out to our addiction specialists at (877)-RECOVERY or (888) 308-1985. Our team is available 24/7 to take your call. Because We Care.